It's hard to keep up with fashionable political views. Here is a guide for those trying stay one step ahead as we enter the Trump era.
- Out: Disrespecting election results threatens our democracy. In: Disruptions to protest the election results. End the electoral college!
- Out: Challenging Obama's legitimacy is racist. In: #NotMyPresident
- Out: Respect my vote. In: Your vote is a hate crime.
- Out: America is already great. In: Flag-burning.
- Out: Love Trumps hate In: Kill Trump
- Out: Yes, President Obama needs the power of the pen. If congress won't act, he will. In: Just watch that tyrant Trump become an imperial president and roll over congress.
- Out: Libya and Syria - eh, no big deal. In: Trump will start World War 3
- Out: Secession is for right-wing loons. In: #CalExit.
- Out: Hillary's fence with Mexico. In: Mr. Trump, don't build that wall!
- Out: Barack's record 2.5 million deportations and the deportation apparatus he built. In: Not one more deportation.
- Out: Godwin's Law. In: #LiterallyHitler
- Out: If Trump wins, I'm leaving America. In: I was joking about leaving the US.
- Out: This pussy grabs back In: Rape Melania
In these turbulent times, it can be re-assuring to some to know that not everything has changed. The following things remain trendy (even if success cannot be measured in electoral terms):
- Telling the rural America they need to get with the culture ("I’m a Coastal Elite From the Midwest: The Real Bubble is Rural America")
- Calling the white working class racist ("The 'White Working Class' Can Kiss My Brown Ass")
- Reminding us that climate change will kill us all
- Virtue-signaling with safety pins, because everyone who doesn't wear one is a racist attack waiting to happen (although, if you are really cool, you'll say that "white people are embarrassing" for wearing them)
- Crying, writing subway therapy and retreating to your safe space if things don't go your way
- Deploying John Oliver to "destroy" Trump and mock his voters (we can overlook that time he begged Donald Trump to run for office)
- Sticking with the Clintons. As Saint Hillary sang in her moving "Hallelujah" on SNL, "I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you". She's "not giving up", and Chelsea is going to run for congress
This may change next week.